Fort de Chartres is a reconstructed 18th century stone fort located near the Mississippi River. The site also includes the original powder magazine, the Piethman Museum, several "ghosted" buildings, and a typical French colonial farm. There are many popular events held throughout the year on the grounds.
Read moreThe Creole House
Owned by the Randolph County Historical Society, this 19th century example of French Creole and American architecture and has been completely restored to reflect life during this period. Open during special events and by appointment.
Read moreCohen Memorial Home
Built in 1855, this antebellum mansion has a spectacular view of the Mississippi River. This ten room, white frame home is now used as a community center and is open to group tours.
Read moreThe Charter Oak School
Owned by the Randolph County Historical Society, the Charter Oak School is one of the few remaining octagonal-shaped, one-room, school buildings in America. Open during the annual Corn Fest in August and by appointment.
Read moreSainte Genevieve Museum
This museum contains varied collections of local memorabilia, including prehistoric Indian relics, old documents and Spanish land grants.
Read moreLa Maison de Guibourd
Built in 1806 by Jacques Jean-Rene Guibourd, this historic house retains much of its early Creole charm. The house and its beautiful gardens are opened year round to the public for tours and events. This historic house and gardens are owned and operated by the Foundation for Restoration of Sainte Genevieve, Inc., a non-profit organization.
Read moreFelix Vallé State Historic Site
Built in 1818, this Federal style limestone building was home to one of Sainte Genevieve's premier colonial families. The site features the authentically restocked mercantile store of the historic trading firm of Menard & Valle and a residential portion that is furnished with period pieces. In back of the home is a building which housed the kitchen and in the yard is a typical family garden.
Read moreLouis Bolduc House
Built in 1770, this house is regarded as the first, most authentically restored Creole house in the nation. Open to the public from April through October.
Read moreBeauvais-Amoureux House
The Beauvais-Amoureux House was built in 1792 by Jean Baptiste St. Gemme Beauvais, Jr. overlooking le grand champ, the agricultural fields of Sainte Genevieve. The home was constructed in the French creole vernacular post in ground (poteaux-en-terre) manner that was common in the 18th century in Sainte Genevieve.
Read more