Visitors Guide to the
125 South Main Street
Sainte Genevieve, Missouri
The Bolduc House was the first
authentically restored historic structure in Sainte Genevieve. This
outstanding example of French colonial architecture was constructed
1792 by Louis
Bolduc, a prosperous French Canadian lead miner, merchant, and planter,
this house and museum is owned and operated by the Missouri Society of the
Colonial Dames of America. Built in the post on sil manner where heavy oak
timbers were set about six inches apart and mortared with plaster made
from mud, Spanish moss, and animal hair. The house features an 18th
century garden, a stockade fence, and a steep hip roof that spreads out on
all four sides that covers an enclosed porch called a galerie.
Mondays through Thursdays: 10 am - 4 pm
Fridays: 10 am - Dusk or 7 pm whichever comes first
Saturdays: 10 am - 5 pm
Sundays: 12 pm - 4 pm
Closed New Years Eve, New Years Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas
Eve, and Christmas
$5 Adults and $2 Students
Location: The Louis Bolduc House is located in the downtown historic
district of Sainte Genevieve.
N 37° 58.714'
W 90° 02.576'
Learn more about the Sainte Genevieve